Inflation





A bit of funny post today.

Dominos Inflation Index

I picked up my weekly Dominos flyer from my mail box today and threw it on the table. Knowing my lazy self, last week's flyer was there as well. So I had a look and saw their prices had increased.
It was a nice accidental comparison


We always hear that inflation is low.
But anyone who lives in Canada knows that the prices of things you need keep going up.
Everything from housing to groceries has gone up.
Just look at the price of housing going up and that is shelter, our most basic need.
Yet, the Bank of Canada, like other central banks, plays with the basket of goods it measures to make inflation appear low.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What does it mean to live in a free society?

Post Scarcity Economy

The Niqab is cultural?